Creative Writing Courses
Have you been looking online for a good creative writing course? When I did a google search of creative writing course options in Ireland, I found that there was a huge amount of choice available. I tried to focus my search on the most interesting, versatile and accessible options, particularly for beginners. I came up with this list of personal favourites, eight creative writing course links in total and I’d be happy to explore any of them. Even if you don’t enroll for a course, many of the sites have interesting links and resources which are well worth exploring. I’m sure that there are other viable options out there, but my eyes can’t take any more googling right now!
Eight Creative Writing Course Links
- Creative Writing Ink– Great choice of online courses, everything from poetry to blogging and science fiction writing. Several courses for beginners are offered.
- Big Smoke Writing Factory– Centered in Dublin,the Big Smoke offers a great choice of workshops and courses, including many interesting online options.
- The Creative Writer’s Workshop– Writing coach and author Irene Graham runs an online memoir writing course, with various location based courses also available.
- Aifric McGlinchey– Aifric is a poet who offers creative writing courses both online and in various West Cork locations. She also runs poetry courses.
- Kildare Writing Centre– Courses are run by writer and teacher Pauline Clooney and offer a nice, personal touch. Very impressive testimonials.
- Galway Arts Centre– Some interesting options here, including courses run by poet Kevin Higgins, author Susan Millar DuMars and Martin Keaveney M.A.
- Irish Writers Centre– This centre offers courses catering to every writing level and genre. Most are centered in Dublin, though there are some other locations covered.
- Writing.ie– Offers a very large range of course choice, both online and location based. Includes many residential options.