Coming across a great quote can be very therapeutic, at least that’s been my experience. Sometimes it’s all I need to jolt me out of a creative slump or help me put things into perspective. Everyone probably has their own favourite inspirational quotes, words they reach for when the going gets tough. The following is a list of my ten favourite inspirational quotes. They range from the whacky to the deeply philosophical and probably reflect the wanderings of my mind! I hope that you enjoy reading them and perhaps come across an interesting one that you haven’t read before.
Ten Favourite Inspirational Quotes
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain
2. “Great things never came from comfort zones.” Neil Strauss
3. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”
4. “It’s okay to look at the past and the future, just don’t stare.” Lisa Lieberman-Wang
5. “If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving is definitely not for you.” Steven Wright
6. “Aerodynamically, the bumblebee shouldn’t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn’t know that so he goes on flying anyway.” Mary Kay Ash
7. “If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn’t sit for a month.” Theodore Roosevelt
8. ” In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. ” Albert Camus
9. ” If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to.” Lao Tzu
10. ” Life is too important to be taken seriously.” Oscar Wilde
Delighted I’ve managed to achieve another one of my November Targets
Other quote lists: Ten Favourite Creativity Quotes.
The photograph is my own, it can be viewed on Flickr
PS Since posting, I’ve discovered that the photograph made Explore on Flickr…Wow, I wasn’t expecting that.